Terms and Conditions of the short film competition at the Animocje the 9th International Animated Film Festival Bydgoszcz, 2019.
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Animocje the 9th International Animated Film Festival will take place from 7 to 13 April 2019.
- The Organizer of Animocje the 9th International Animated Film Festival and short film competition taking place within the Festival’s framework is the Municipal Cultural Center in Bydgoszcz with head office at ul. Marcinkowskiego 12-14, 85-056 Bydgoszcz, hereinafter referred to as “the Organizer”.
- The deadline for submitting applications for the competition is January 13, 2019.
II. REQUIREMENTS OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Films can be submitted to the competition by:
- art and film schools,
- production companies,
- film institutions,
- individual film-makers,
- other entities with the right to administer a specific film.
- The entity submitting the film to the competition undertakes to send a complete competition application for the film, as specified in point III of Terms and Conditions.
- The following films can be submitted to the competition:
- whose time of running, including opening and final credits, does not exceed 25 minutes,
- implemented in any technique, with the reservation that the animation must be at least 50% of the screening time,
- produced no earlier than 1/01/2017.
- Films that had participated in any of the previous editions of the Animocje Festival competition cannot be submitted again to take part in the competition.
- The following short film competitions are held as part of the Festival:
- International Competition for the Bydgoszcz Award for the Best Animated Film (Grand Prix)
- Kids Film Competition
- The Organizer reserves the right to announce additional competition categories.
- The Organizer does not charge for registration and for qualifying the film for the competition.
- The films submitted and possibly qualified for the competition are made available to the Organizer free of charge.
- Films should be submitted to the competition electronically:
- By means of Click For Festivals platform (https://www.clickforfestivals.com/animocje-international-animated-film-festival) or
- By sending an application to the e-mail address: email@example.com
- The complete competition application includes the following:
- A film – a public or a private video link with or without a password, with unlimited time and regional access – Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- The non-Polish language film should contain integrated subtitles in English.
- The film should have opening and/or final credits specifying the title, authors’ names, the country and the year of production.
- At least 3 photos from the film in JPG format (min. width 2000 pixels, 300 dpi).
- The film director’s photograph in JPG format (min. width 2000 pixels, 300 dpi).
- A description of the film (max. 1000 signs).
- Film director’s bio (max. 1000 signs).
- Dialogue list in English with time code in txt format.
- Information about the film: year of production, country of production, duration, original title and the title in English, the animation technique, dialogues.
- The entity submitting the film to the competition is obliged to send the missing information to the Organizer within 7 days from receiving information about the incomplete application. In the event of failure to provide the missing information within a specified period, the Organizer has the right not to qualify the film for participation in the Festival.
V. SELECTION AND COMPETITION
- The selection of films for the competition shall be made by the Selection Committee appointed by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to invite to the competition films that are not the subject of the Selection Committee’s work.
- Applicants will be informed about the admission of the film to the competition by March 15, 2019 by e-mail. Selection results will also be posted on the festival website www.animocje.com and on the festival profile on Facebook www.facebook.com/animocje.
- The Organizer will only inform the successful applicants to the competition.
- The Entity submitting the film qualified for the competition within 7 days from the date of receipt of information about the qualification, is obliged to send the Organizer a competition copy of the film.
- The competition copy of the film:
- Digital file of min. mp4 1920×1080 format, in progressive style (without interlacing).
- The non-English language films, including Polish ones, have to contain integrated subtitles in English.
- The digital copy has to be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a download link (Vimeo, WeTransfer, Dropbox itp.)
- The films qualified for the competition will be judged by the Jury composed of representatives of the film community and visual artists as well as by the festival’s audience. Films in the Kids Film Competition will be assessed only by the children audience, in the form of a plebiscite / vote.
- The entity submitting the film to the competition undertakes not to withdraw the film from participation in the competition after the announcement of the selection results of the competition.
- The following prizes will be awarded among the films selected for the competitions: GRAND PRIX, Best Polish Film, Best Film for Kids, Audience Award.
- In connection with the Organizer’s right to distinguish additional categories of the competition, the Organizer reserves the right to grant additional awards outside the Terms and Conditions.
- The Organizer has allocated PLN 10,000.00 for financial prizes, including PLN 1,000.00 for the prize in the Kids Film Competition.
- The Jury shall decide about the amount of other financial prizes and the awarding of honourable distinctions.
- The tax on the prizes is paid by the Organizer in accordance with the applicable provisions of Polish law.
- The decision to award prizes and/or distinctions of the Jury will be made by voting with a simple majority of votes.
- The Jury’s sessions will be closed. The decisions of the Jury are final and cannot be appealed against.
- The laureate of financial prize is obliged to send the Organizer the data required by him to hand over the prize, within 30 days from the date of receipt of information about the prize. The laureate who has no place of residence in Poland is also obliged to send the completed current IFT-1 / IFT-1R form. Otherwise, the Organizer has the right to withdraw from paying out the financial prize.
VI. FESTIVAL AND NON-FESTIVAL SCREENINGS
- Taking part in the competition means that the Entity submitting a film grants a free, non-exclusive, territorially unlimited license for the Organizer to use the film by public screening of the film as part of the Competition.
- Screenings of competition films during the Festival under the license can be held no more than three (3) times.
- The Entity submitting a film grants the Organizer a non-exclusive, free, unlimited in time or territory license to use the promotional materials provided (film description, film frames, information on creators, etc.) for festival publications (prints, website, social media, press releases, etc.) and for the promotion of the Festival in the media.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use promotional materials both during and after the Festival. The Submitting Entity declares that it has all rights to the above-mentioned promotional materials. In the event where any entity submits claims to the Organizer related to the aforesaid promotional materials, the Submitting Entity is obliged to release the Organizer from any liability in this respect.
- The Submitting Entity grants the Organizer a non-exclusive, free, unlimited in time or territory license to use fragments of film arbitrarily chosen by the Organizer (trailer or a fragment up to 20% of film duration) in all promotional activities related to the Festival (print, website, social media, press materials, Internet, media: radio, television, cinema, etc.).
- In the case of receiving one of the prizes or awards, the Submitting Entity expresses unpaid and unlimited in time or territory consent to the participation of the film in a maximum of ten (10) retrospectives of films awarded and honoured (“The Best of Animocje”), which will take place after the Festival.
- In each case, when these Terms and Conditions refer to granting a license regarding a film, it is granted in the following fields of exploitation: the right to public performance, display, presentation, emission of the film (in cinemas, cultural centers, etc.).
- The Organizer reserves the right to organize, as part of the Festival, presentations of special films not qualified for the competition (“Animocje Play-off”), from which the audience will choose one movie that will enter the competition with the “wild card”. The Selection Committee will select the films for the “Animocje Play-off” screenings.
VII. FINAL PROVISIONS
Submitting a film to participate in the competition is equivalent to accepting the rules of these Terms and Conditions.
The Festival Organizer is not responsible for violating the rights of third parties arising in connection with the use of sent works, unless the violation of the rights is fault of the Organizer.
In all matters not covered by these Terms and Conditions, the Festival Organizer decides.
The Polish version of the Terms and Conditions is considered binding.
In the event of disputes arising herefrom, the applicable law is Polish law and the cases will be heard by a common court in Bydgoszcz.
The Organizer has the right to change these Terms and Conditions.
All questions regarding the competition and the Festival can be sent to the Organizer’s e-mail address: email@example.com
Acceptance of the above-mentioned regulations entails the consent to the processing of personal data provided in the application form in order to participate in the competition of the Animocje International Animated Film Festival.
VIII. PROVISIONS CONCERNING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
According to article 13 sections 1 and 2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free flow of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection ) I inform that:
- The Administrator of your personal data is the Municipal Cultural Center in Bydgoszcz with head office in Bydgoszcz (85-056), ul. Marcinkowskiego 12-14 represented by the Director – Marzena Matowska (e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org). A Data Protection Inspector is appointed in the facility (e-mail address: email@example.com).
- Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of:
- participation in the competition during the Animocje International Animated Film Festival,
- information, i.e. sending information regarding program activities of the Municipal Cultural Center in Bydgoszcz.
- The recipients of your personal data, in addition to the data administrator, will be only entities authorised to obtain personal data on the basis of the provisions of law.
- Your personal data will be stored until you withdraw your consent to their processing. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which had been carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- Your personal data will not be subject to profiling.
- You have the right to access your data and the right to correct it, delete it, limit processing, the right to data transfer, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the legality of processing, which had been made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection when you feel that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016.
- Providing personal data by you is voluntary, however, it is also a condition of participation in the competition during the Animocje International Animated Film Festival. In case of failure to provide the personal data, participation in the competition will be impossible.